For gynecological diseases, the leeches are placed on the skin, as well as within the vaginal canal. The leeches are placed on the left and right wall of the vagina. Since it is well supplied with blood, the anti-inflammatory substances of the leech saliva easily reach the uterus and the ovaries. This also normalizes the hormonal balance, which in turn rejuvenates the organism and heals diseases which occur on the background of hormonal irregularities. Such diseases can be some types of cervicalgia, bronchial asthma, hypertonia, etc.
Leeches are perfect when tackling chronic inflammations of the uterus and the female reproductive organs. The common symptoms of these diseases are a pulling pain, swelling and painfulness of the ovaries, and an irregular menstrual cycle. The main reason for these problems is the lack of proper blood circulation in the area, which decreases the resistance force of the tissues, thus increasing the risk of infection. When there are pains in the reproductive area, leeches are placed as a preventive measure against the development of more serious infections. The preventive placing of leeches improves blood circulation, takes away the swelling and improves the nutrient supply towards the uterus and ovaries in only 3-4 procedures.
For infertility the leeches are placed in the following places:
- The pubic area, (point 9, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- The lower part of the abdomen (1 and 4, and a finger and a half over point 5)
- The inguinal zone (point 2, 10, 12, 3, 11, 13)
- The waist, on top of the coccyx (point 24, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
- The lumbar zone (point 14, 26, 27, 25, 28)
In each following procedure, the zones listed are successively worked upon. The ones covered first are the points, which yield pain when pressure is applied to them. A single procedure uses on average 3-4 leeches. The procedures are done every other day during acute inflammations and twice weekly for chronic conditions.
For conglutination of the tissues:
In the case of inflamed ovaries or abortion, sometimes the tissues conglutinate, which often leads to infertility. The leeches can cure and prevent this. For women, whose first pregnancy ended in abortion, to avoid complications, hirudotherapy is administered. The zones for this are:
- Vaginal canal - the cervix, the right and left wall of the vagina (depending on the side of the conglutination).
- The pubic zone, over the pubic bone, point 3 on the mid line directly over it and points 4, 5, 6, 7; The points on the lower third of the space between the navel and the pubic area (point 1 and 2).
- Inguinal zone (point 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
- The perinatal zone - the four points around the anus.
- The waist - two points in the zone of the coccyx (point 14 and 15) and the points on the projection of the waist (point 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
The treatment of the conglutination is long. Most of the procedures require the intake of products, which restore the levels of iron in the organism. A procedure uses 4-8 leeches. The procedures are 15, done every other or every two days, after which a 14-15 days no leeches are placed. This course is repeated two times.